Saturday 26 January 2013

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

So I always enjoys war games they are awesome. So when I got my hands on Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising I just had to play it. This game is actually really good, I also have the Arma II and Arma II operation arrowhead. I have not played them so much though, but I will sooner or later.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is taking place in China where you are supposed to make the Chinese military lose a lot of assets so you can terminate their general later in the game. Every mission got side missions that you can choose to do if you so would like to. At first I didn't like this game but I got more and more into it, and they have a nice combination of stealth missions and assault missions. The enemies are really good at aiming in this game too, so it's a bit more "realistic" than most of the other games, where you can take a lot of bullets before you go down. If the enemy shoot you once in the head and you are done. You are in control of your own squad that you can command as you like. If you want them to be decoys they can be it, if you want a head on assault they can do it.  Overall I really enjoyed the hours I spent in this game. I can just say that if you like war games this certainly is something you should give a try.

One of the negative things with this game is the weapon sounds, when you have played Battlefield 3 once or any battlefield. You know how they always want all weapons to sound like the real deal and they even patch the games if the weapons got the wrong sound. I think more games should be like this so the guns doesn't sound like BB guns. Operation Flashpoint got better sound than a BB gun but many games have the wrong sound for the weapons. But operation flashpoint nailed it quite good I think!




No comments:

Post a Comment