Sunday 27 January 2013

Tera

So Tera is also going free to play now and following the example of Star Wars The Old Republic and their other mmorpg "Aion" which I tried a bit and I don't remember my first impression of it though but I think it was okay but nothing spectacular. Tera is a third person action mmorpg, it's a mmo with the hack n slash gameplay. You can use attacks and so on but you fight with your mouse which I wanted on the Star Wars Old Republic it would have been so much cooler that way. Tera got a really good character customization with a lot of different races to pick from and many different ways of making the characters. This is a very positive thing.

So I played Tera for a while and I must say this is quite funny it got good gameplay but since I have played Vindictus I know that there are better free to play games in this genre. Tera is though more of the standard mmo game you do quests and level up. Vindictus is a dungeon based so is Tera, Vindictus is more action mmo than Tera. I enjoyed the start of Tera, you start at level 20 for some reason. They have not released the entire free to play patch but you got an unlimited trial period, that can be the reason to why you start at level 20. You get decent gear at the start, I think that the intro is a bit too long. You run around to many people and turn in quests and so on I think they could have thrown you into the story in another way.

I think if you want a game like Tera an action mmo which is dungeon based I think you should go with Vindictus I had a lot more fun with Vindictus than what I had with Tera.

Tera Official Website

Some Screenshots





No comments:

Post a Comment